Some questions about dops in Houdini

Hi, i would like to ask some questions about dop workflow in Houdini. First thing, fields are they MAC Grids? I think they are voxel grids but i don't really know if they are MAC Grids or what which is really confusing. Secondly, the boundaries in the flip solver or any solver, how we enfocre boundary conditions like no slip boundaries? Thirdly, the GAS Advect which has a lot of versions and it has two parameters, advection type and advection method which i am not sure about the difference between them! Is it based on the semi lagrangian scheme or what? 

Lastly, the GAS Diffuse,

What's the way it uses to solve the diffusion equation? Jacoobi or what? I want to see microsolvers code in C++, how can i see it? I can't really find more about what is inside them. If you have an answer of any of these questions, please help me! 

Thanks and cheers! 

Hi :)

I am by no mean an expert Houdini user, but I think the kind of questions are too "technical", MAC Vs Voxel, No Slip Conditions, Eulerian or Lagrangian :) What are using Houdini for? Is it for Visual Effects or for engineering purposes? From your questions, I think they are oriented more toward Fluid Mechanics engineering (artists would simply diffuse temperature or velocity but won't care how it's it being computed).

Finally, I don't think you will find C++ source code for solvers because these are SideFX code and they won't share it...

I just found it before I say your reply thanks though ! 

Now , I am just curious to enter the world of microsolvers algorithms . I wanna know what's the algorithm behind each one.

in the gas advect there is a paramater advection method and one advection type . anyone knows the difference ?