Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ikatz001

Using Volume Mask in Particle Fluid Surface

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to use the mask input option to smooth a part of the mesh inside the particle fluid surface node?

I want to specify with a volume (ie. a bounding box) which part of the mesh to smooth or keep (instead of using the velocity or vorticity mask).

I created the volume to mask with (just a box turned to vdb) as a separate OBJ, I am then object merging it and connecting it to the third input of the fluid surface node, then in the filtering tab in mask input I check it and put in the name of the volume. I have tried to do several different things on the volume itself (regular VDB, Fog VFB, etc.) and nothing seems to work or make any difference. When I turn visualize mask on all it shows is nothing is applied to it (ie. all of the surface has 0 smoothing applied to it) 

How do I properly use this feature and get the node to recognize the mask? Am I going about this the right way?

Many thanks,

CrownSplash Anim C.hiplc

Hey Karl,

Thanks a bunch! That works great. It's surprising its so hard to find how to use that one.. looked everywhere.

If you have a minute, can you please explain a little what you did.. I follow the graph, but dont understand - any value greater than zero you convert from an integer to a float and export back to mask? why? 

Is the volumevopoutput doing anything there is was it just left over from something else?

I also had the naming wrong in the fluidsurface node, missing the @name= Im confused when it needs that and when you can just put in the name there like a variable.. I will look more into it.