Ocean spectra with Redshift

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In case someone else gets stuck on something as silly as I did: I've tried following instructions in the H16 ocean masterclass (creating the UV attribute with the ocean evaluation node, baking a displacement map with that node, and displacing the evaluated geometry with the map in Redshift) but I was stupidly using a TIF to store it, presumably clamping the displacement values to [0…1]. Switching to EXR made it all work happily…

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 00.26.50.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2017 at 2:27 AM, mz2 said:

In case someone else gets stuck on something as silly as I did: I've tried following instructions in the H16 ocean masterclass (creating the UV attribute with the ocean evaluation node, baking a displacement map with that node, and displacing the evaluated geometry with the map in Redshift) but I was stupidly using a TIF to store it, presumably clamping the displacement values to [0…1]. Switching to EXR made it all work happily…

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 00.26.50.png

Please how did you achieve it? 

I'm stuck since two days. 

I baked the map then opened a new file used a grid 50/50.

Assigbed redshift obj parameter, enabled displacement. 

Created a texture(used the displacement map)  and displace and assigned it into displacement. And Assigned dl the shader to the grid. 

Still nothing! 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06.11.2017 at 10:14 AM, MrQozy said:

Please how did you achieve it? 

I'm stuck since two days. 

I baked the map then opened a new file used a grid 50/50.

Assigbed redshift obj parameter, enabled displacement. 

Created a texture(used the displacement map)  and displace and assigned it into displacement. And Assigned dl the shader to the grid. 

Still nothing! 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you.. 

Try to add UV Texture node after the grid and everything should be fine.

• 10 months later...

Hey guys!

So I followed your steps: I baked the mantra ocean uv spectra and assigned it and displaced it to a redshift shader and assigned the 'ocean surface' node to render with the newly assigned redshift shader that has the mantra displacement and I'm still not getting anything to come up on my oceans. I also enabled the Tessellation and Displacement. I've been working on this for days and tried so many things and can't get it to go. 

Would you be kind enough to take a look at my scene and see if you can spot what's gone wrong?

I really appreaciate your help! 

P

SmallOceanTestv02.hiplc

On 10/15/2018 at 8:58 AM, PJM33 said:

Hey guys!

So I followed your steps: I baked the mantra ocean uv spectra and assigned it and displaced it to a redshift shader and assigned the 'ocean surface' node to render with the newly assigned redshift shader that has the mantra displacement and I'm still not getting anything to come up on my oceans. I also enabled the Tessellation and Displacement. I've been working on this for days and tried so many things and can't get it to go. 

Would you be kind enough to take a look at my scene and see if you can spot what's gone wrong?

I really appreaciate your help! 

P

SmallOceanTestv02.hiplc

I checked out your project file and although you created UVs, the purple render flag is set to the grid without UVs. If you you set the render flag to the ocean preview node by pressing Control+Left Click it will work.

• 1 year later...