Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

silkey

Animated spin with bounce

Hello

I am trying to do something really simple and I am finding it to be quite hard.  I am trying to rotate a box so that it carries momentum and settles down naturally as if it had mass.  I have included a .hip file where I have attempted to do this manually but it is not the best.  I am struggling to get the animation editor to behave and I have to keep closing and reopening Houdini as the Animation editor and the viewport are not marrying together.  If anyone knows why this is or if there is a better way of doing this, (I have tried motion fx (spring)/chops but it failed miserably) I would be very appreciative.  I have come a long way in this wonderful program but for some reason the animation editor feels really clunky in comparison with the rest of the program and I don't know if it's something I am doing wrong.

Thanks

dampened animation.hip

um no expert at all but can you not do something like time * 0.05 in the rotation channel or something so that it slows down?

chops should do it in all honesty i'm not sure why that isn't working effectively?