JorbWang

Need some help about vex or Hscript.

hi everyone.wish you have a nice day.

i need some help about scripting.but my English skill is not well.sorry for that.

i have a hip named "test_hipfile_v001.hip".in this hip file i have a geometry ROP node that i want cache something like pyro,particles.and i want the cache named like "cache_pyro_v001.bgeo",the important thing is the cache version equal file version.

here is the function i want achieve:

when my hipfile update version to v002,i want the cache version auto-update to v002.

i know $HIPNAME can fetch the file name ,but i don't know how to fetch the version info from $HIPNAME and transfor to .oh,i forgot another thing is i want code only in the Geometry ROP Node,because i achieve this function in SOP use Attribute Wrangle SOP Node,and transform the version info to ROP Node,but i think this too messy.

can you gays give me some advise?thanks.    

I hope I did not get you wrong. But cant you name your hipfile e.g. "testfile_v001.hip" in your FileCache you type in the expression "$HIP/$HIPNAME.$F4.bgeo". Now If you save your hip File as "testfile_v002.hip" your FileCache will update to version 002.

1 hour ago, JorbWang said:

can you gays give me some advise?thanks.

Had to smile on this one ;)

Edited by jon3de
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jon3de said:

I hope I did not get you wrong. But cant you name your hipfile e.g. "testfile_v001.hip" in your FileCache you type in the expression "$HIP/$HIPNAME.$F4.bgeo". Now If you save your hip File as "testfile_v002.hip" your FileCache will update to version 002.

Had to smile on this one ;)

hi,jon3de.thanks for your replay.:)

yes,i know use "$HIPNAME.$F4.bgeo" its a good idea for auto-update.but sometimes i need custom my filename like pyro_big_location_v002.$F4.bgeo.so i cant only use $HIPNAME Variable.my idea is find the Version info from $HIPNAME,and give to my cache filename.

pyro_big_auto-update_test_v001.hipnc

here is my setting,in ROP Network i create a geometry node and add some parameters.but when i update my version to v002,i want the Version parameter auto-update to v002,follow the File Version.do you have any idea?;)

and,thanks for remind me the ;)

Edited by JorbWang