Cluster node

Jamshid63

Hi,

How do you use "Cluster node" to work on a simple Voronoi fracture. 

I know there is a cluster tab inside vornoi fracture node. but i was playing around new things and i found the node "Cluster". and when i apply the cluster node after assembling a simple voronoi fracture . I could see in geometry spreadsheet the cluster attribute has been created . but when i do the simulation. it behave same has how voronoi fracture looked. how do i make them clustered. 

Little help would be appreciated. 

Once you have your cluster node down - all this is doing is clustering the primitives and then grouping them or giving them an integer dependant on the group. (For example primitive 1,2,3,4 maybe in cluster 1, primitives 5,6,7 maybe in cluster 2 etc) (can see this in the geo spreadsheet)

- I would then use these groups or cluster numbers to constrain primitives to one another in relation to what number or group they are.

Alternatively you could just use the glue adjacent pieces shelf tool within your dop net rather than trying to create the custom constraints yourself.

Hope this maybe of some help, if I crack it in a scene ill post the hip file for you :) 

(You Could also dive into the voronoi fracture node and look at the network specifically the cluster generation and constrain creation - will more than likely provide the perfect answer if you can copy / work out what and how those nodes do it)

Edited by chrisdunham95

6 minutes ago, chrisdunham95 said:

Once you have your cluster node down - all this is doing is clustering the primitives and then grouping them or giving them an integer dependant on the group. (For example primitive 1,2,3,4 maybe in cluster 1, primitives 5,6,7 maybe in cluster 2 etc) (can see this in the geo spreadsheet)

- I would then use these groups or cluster numbers to constrain primitives to one another in relation to what number or group they are.

Alternatively you could just use the glue adjacent pieces shelf tool within your dop net rather than trying to create the custom constraints yourself.

Hope this maybe of some help, if I crack it in a scene ill post the hip file for you :) 

(You Could also dive into the voronoi fracture node and look at the network specifically the cluster generation and constrain creation - will more than likely provide the perfect answer if you can copy / work out what and how those nodes do it - HOWEVER I just took a look myself and although I think it creates everything needed it doesn't work as a constraint once in the dopnet, so you will probably need to add a constraint network and wire it all up)

Apply the cluster sop to your point cloud before hand. Inside the voronoi it uses the cluster attribute to combine like valued fields. If the attribute exist it will skip the once created in the attribute. I believe the values run from 0-1 in the float range. Look at the subnet inside called calculate_clustering & perform_clustering

6 hours ago, chrisdunham95 said:

(You Could also dive into the voronoi fracture node and look at the network specifically the cluster generation and constrain creation - will more than likely provide the perfect answer if you can copy / work out what and how those nodes do it)

i created a "name" attribute in primitive, based on cluster number (using string = . and assembled again without creating a name attribute and it worked.

Since am new to houdini, i'm still not sure its the right way. could create problem later as my scene goes big.

looking forward for some advice

Thanks

Cluster_Help_Needed.hipnc

Edited by Jamshid63

Attached is an example file: ClusterExample.hip

voronoifracture0 has no clustering information as the comparison.

voronoifracture1 is using the internal clustering defined by the added cluster noise.

voronoifracture2 is using the external cluster sop to define the cluster with the cluster pieces turned on and the add cluster noise turned off so it doesn't override the input.