Hard Constraint rotation works in H13, breaks in H16 ?

Hi,

This Hard Constraint (type: position and rotation) works perfectly fine in Houdini 13, but not in Houdini 16.

The rotation falls apart and I have tried anything to get this to work, but without luck.

It's a simple setup: a constraint between two boxes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egytkvu5lg2q1mb/QA_HardConstraint_Rotation_Breaks.hipnc?dl=0

I don't have h13 installed, can you upload a gif of what its meant to do?  The setup is behaving as expected as far as I can see; the first constraint locks only position, so the system pivots around that point when hit, the second constraint locks only rotation, so the second box is free to fall; there's no position constraint to hold it in place.

Are either of these what you're after? I swapped the middle constraint to a cone twist, with the max out rotation at 180 so it can spin around the long axis. If I move the position constraint to the center its all stable, if I move it to the side it gets a bits wild, so I add some drag to calm the system down.

QA_HardConstraint_Rotation_Breaks_me.hipnc

rbd_pivot_hit.gif.888b9cade908b2d6ba542887e48d4b60.gif

Yes!  It's the second one I was after.

So, in conclusion:

Box 1 has a pin constraint (constraint type "position" only)
Between Box 1 and 2: Instead of using a Pin constraint with constraint type "rotation" (H13), we now (H16) have to use a ConeTwist Constraint (constraint type "all") to get the same effect. 

Thank you Matt!! (and keep up the good work you are doing on Tokeru.com!)

Edited by r-a-n-d-o-m