Edgedivide

Noobini

ok, another noob question...this is a very fundamental modelling operation, select a bunch of parallel edges, divide/connect them into loops....INCREDIBLY simple...yet look here, I've divided the edges into TWO only....won't bother with oooooohhhh 8 divisions...just 2 will do, ie, give me just ONE loop all the way around...what is going on here ?

What simple settings have I missed ? I'll go fruitloops in a minute !!!

EdgeDivide1.jpg

edgedivide.hipnc

8 hours ago, Noobini said:

What simple settings have I missed

Two things - the popup help describes that the order of selection is important but more importantly Close Path finishes a loop without needing everything to be selected. Just have a play.

If you are really keen then you could Rfe the bounding box group option to have a Create Ordered checkbox like Base Group does.

3 hours ago, marty said:

Two things - the popup help describes that the order of selection is important but more importantly Close Path finishes a loop without needing everything to be selected. Just have a play.

If you are really keen then you could Rfe the bounding box group option to have a Create Ordered checkbox like Base Group does.

yeah already have Close Path...but the order....IMO the modeller should not have to 'worry' the order of edges...i could have simply drag selected in viewport and expected it to work.

So, MANUALLY, if I select 1 edge, then A+MMB on the edge next to it, it selects the ring edges in order, this works...but still is a manual process

Off to RFE central then...