Still cooking a pyro after loading bgeo from disk

JH12

Hi,  
Im very much new to Houdini, loving it, though frustrating at time.  I've spent hours going through docs and vids, but am stumped on the following, any help much appreciated.

I have a pyro sim and spent the last day using the DOP I/O to save out a very detailed .bgeo (some of the frames are around 7GB, so I'm assuming there is room for my workflow to improveme ha..)

If I check "Load from disk" and load this geo into the DOP I/O inside pyro_import, I find that every time I go to move the timeline, it still wants to cook the whole timeline from frame 0.  I thought that by saving the geo to disk I would avoid this??  The pyro is the only thing in my scene, so there is nothing else in my timeline which requires cooking.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks kindly for your help

Edited by Fireandsmoke

have you checked the performance monitor? you can record a change in frames and see which nodes takes the longest time to cook.

Also in your network view under the View tab enable the "show if nodes are time  dependent". This will give you a little clock icon on the nodes that needs to cook.