Execute render with python

Rikrok

I'm trying to write out multiple variations of the same object as fbx's (I have to use fbx), the object is set to change every frame. Unfortunately when you set a frame range on the the Filmbox FBX ROP you don't get multiple fbx's, you just get one with a point cache.

I put a script on the object to change the start and end frame of the ROP to the current frame (which works), followed by
hou.parm('/out/filmboxfbx1/execute').pressButton()
Which when pressing play writes out a bunch of fbx's but unfortunately they're all empty; the script gives an infinite recursion in evaluation error.

I then tried making a tool that runs a script
for n in range (1, 101):
       hou.setFrame(n)

hou.parm('/out/filmboxfbx1/execute').pressButton()

This only writes out 1 frame. I even tried using threading and sleep incase it was because it was executing the render button too quickly, no dice.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

The issue is with the Filmbox ROP - if you tell it to write more than one frame it will under no circumstances write out multiple fbx's; it assumes you want one fbx with a cache. Therefore I need to set it to write one frame, render, change the frame, render, etc.