Scripting Arrays

Nico D.

Hi,

Im reading about Houdini's expressions, and reading the reference I cannot find  an array data type...

I found a Vector() function that creates an array of floats, but How to create an array of strings  ?  <_<

22112[/snapback]

I'm afraid not. If your strings have no spaces in each token, then you can use one long string and pull out an "element" using arg().

Hscript has about the same power as CShell. If you need something more powerful, it's suggested that you go out to Java, Python or PERL.

Hope this helps,

Jason

I'm afraid not. If your strings have no spaces in each token, then you can use one long string and pull out an "element" using arg().

Hscript has about the same power as CShell. If you need something more powerful, it's suggested that you go out to Java, Python or PERL.

Hope this helps,

Jason

22113[/snapback]

THANKS Jason,

For now I will use arg().

Not the best, but I can extract words from my string.

( I hope Houdini implements arrays in next versions...)

Hi,

Im reading about Houdini's expressions, and reading the reference I cannot find  an array data type...

I found a Vector() function that creates an array of floats, but How to create an array of strings  ?  <_<

22112[/snapback]

There's an arcane form of variable expansion which can be used to simulate arrays.

for i = 1 to 10
   set var$i = `rand($i)`
end

for i = 1 to 10
   echo ${var$i}
end

The contents of the {} are expanded and used to form the variable name for the other $ expansion.

This is in hscript of course... You might be able to use these in expressions, though probably in a limited sort of fashion.