Blur Attibutes

sanostol

Lool...

i spent my last hour trying to "promote".. "transfer".. and whatever else.. just because i found that you can smooth with paintSOP the Cd ... which Cd was from a PointSOP ... then i had the idea to create a certain attirbute.. and wanted to transfer it to Cd .. paint it.. and then tranefer again to the original Attribute name.. so you can Paint your desired sttribute smoothing...

that said ... smoothSOP actually does the job.. but now i wish to find a solution for my "try" ..ehehe.. any advice? (assuming my engrish is enought for you to understand what i was trying to do).

cheers.

EDIT: i have to add that my own Cd.. was actually a Vector (from attributecreate) .. which in spreadsheet was Cd[x] Cd[y] Cd[z] .. how to make or transfer such custom attribute into the Cd[0][1][2] values? (point color to be more clear...)

Hello,

In Houdini, there is a differentiation between a vector type and a vector of 3 float types. So in order to create a vector of 3-float for your color attribute, just set your type to "float", and then set the size to 3.  : )

HTH,

Alex

25364[/snapback]

ohhh.. right.. I often fear that I'm too distracted to use Houdini.. i easly forget simply stuffs :) thanks for giving me light.

cheers.

EDIT: ahahahaha i read now your signature quote ... ehehe.. fun.

[one,Mar 4 2006, 03:01 PM]Lool...

i spent my last hour trying to "promote".. "transfer".. and whatever else.. just because i found that you can smooth with paintSOP the Cd ... which Cd was from a PointSOP ... then i had the idea to create a certain attirbute.. and wanted to transfer it to Cd .. paint it.. and then tranefer again to the original Attribute name.. so you can Paint your desired sttribute smoothing...

that said ... smoothSOP actually does the job.. but now i wish to find a solution for my "try" ..ehehe.. any advice? (assuming my engrish is enought for you to understand what i was trying to do).

cheers.

EDIT: i have to add that my own Cd.. was actually a Vector (from attributecreate) .. which in spreadsheet was Cd[x] Cd[y] Cd[z] .. how to make or transfer such custom attribute into the Cd[0][1][2] values? (point color to be more clear...)

25362[/snapback]

You can paint any attribute, no need to transfer, promote or do anything like that. In the Paint Sop click on override color for a float(3) or vector and type the name of the attribute you want to paint. For a Float or Int you can overrride Alpha. Paint away, and take a look at your spreadsheet to seee it's painting your attribute and not color or alpha.

If you really want to move attributes around, all you need is a point SOP. For instance, if you have a vector mapped to $MYASS, and want to transfer it to Cd... Append a point SOP. Set Color to "Add Color" and set the color fields to $MYASSX $MYASSY $MYASSZ, respectively. To go back the other way, use the custom tab on the point SOP in the same manner. Put the attribute name you are mapping to in the Name 1 field, and put expression in the field to move the attributes. You can put any expression you want in there. If blending colors is something you are interested in, take a look at the VEX lerp and smooth functions.