L-systems // Procedural Animation Tests // Not Trees

cellchuk

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some of my tests with L-Systems that I have done earlier

My aim was trying to get different effects with L-Systems

I will be posting the other ones in these days as well

Here is the first animation test : Cubes

It is kind of overlapping but just a matter of time to improve it (which I don't have at the moment :) )

Thanx.

--------------------

EDIT: The links has changed. you can check the l-sys videos through my web-site now. thanks.

http://www.selcukergen.net/proj_lsys.html

Edited by cellchuk

It is kind of overlapping but just a matter of time to improve it (which I don't have at the moment :) )

cool!

Somebody told me that L-System create changing point number - obviously - an therefor don't support motionblur.

But your example is mblurred. How's that?

Georg

Somebody told me that L-System create changing point number - obviously - an therefor don't support motionblur.

But your example is mblurred. How's that?

I always love it when people lovingly speak in absolutes. That pretty much sucks the wind right out of me... You can send anything in to motion blur. It may fail but you can always try and then hammer out some solution.

For this specific example, deformation blur will work except on those frames where the branches end and new branches start = point count change across the camera shutter. You can't tell in this example because those frames _shouldn't_ motion blur and it is very symmetrical.

As long as the lsystem can keep the same point count for the current frame and the shutter time offset, then you will get motion blur. Goes for any geometry. I can see some l-system rules doing this as long as your shutter time doesn't span frames. It will also help when we can shift the motion blur to a positive offset in H9. That will make most generated lsystem geometry able to motion blur on all frames.

Fyi you can visualize this by changing the playbar to non-integer and scrub at the sub-frame level to see exactly when the point count changes.

And if that doesn't work, you can always try to build in a velocity vector in to your lsystems rules or some other way and use velocity based motion blur...

Thanx.

I think "old school"s explanations will be enough for the point count and the motion blur questions. I have used deformation type motion blur in this example.

And I am gonna try to send the .hip file as soon as possible for people who are interested.

Thanx.

Edited by cellchuk

Very nice !

I love how it construct itself.

Could be good to see those formulas !

Thanx gaucho,

I am going to post the formulas when I put the other animations as well.

"but I need to tidy my desktop up first to find the .hip's"

cheers