i3d

wood78

I was wondering if anyone out there has a basic setup for a custom i3d shader in VOPS because I am in need of a basic starting point in order to successfully add an alpha to the shader in order to create a ramp for the particles to fade out over $LIFE.

thanks and any help would be wonderful! :D

• 1 month later...
I was wondering if anyone out there has a basic setup for a custom i3d shader in VOPS because I am in need of a basic starting point in order to successfully add an alpha to the shader in order to create a ramp for the particles to fade out over $LIFE.

thanks and any help would be wonderful! :D

yeah :D

would also be interested in this.

a ramp would be VERY nice cause rocket thruster rulez :P:P

Check out Downloads page at "Visual Paradigms"

Carlos has some very nice shaders there!!!(including Ramp shader)

hello,

sure, carlos has a ramp vop. ramp vops are not very hard at all.

but how can i use it with image3d??

the problem is not the missing ramp, it's the combination with image3d :rolleyes:

I think it is easyer to monky around with the density of the metball, rather than mapping alpha because you need the map to refer XYZ/Projection of the voxel shader - cant think any other half decent way to map anything onto voxel because all voxel inside one metaball have the properties... <_<

The other way is to create yer own raymarcher, but I have done so with limited sucess in vops - the network gets way too complicated so I would recomand writing the wex shader (at least worked for me.... I was tampering the color of the volume) :ph34r:

Kaspar