freezeing transformations

I hope I can start answering a few questions soon, rather then asking them all the time,

anyway,

I was wondering if there was anyway to reset the transformation of an object to 0,0,0 I brought in geo from another app, and its centroid is away for the world orgin yet the pivot reads 0,0,0. this causes a problem when instanceing (using copy) the instanced geo is placed away from the particle. Is there a node that stores the true information of where the object is in relation to the world origin if so how can I access that data?

what I would like to do as a solution is get the true position of the imported geo then take the values away from itself to bring it back to the origin, and then say, that position is the 0,0,0 of that object.

Ive tried snapping a null the center of the object to get its true position so I can get the object back to the origin, but I havnt figured out how to freeze the transforms to 0,0,0.

Any help or suggestion would be appretiated,

hmm... to center an object around the origin, just put down a transform SOP and put -$CEX, -$CEY and -$CEZ into the xy and z transforms.

It takes the centroid of the object and moves it back to the origin.

Hope this helps

Marc

Another tip is that after you do this, you can then move the object's transform back to where it is by putting these expressions in the object's translate parameter:

-ch("./centre_xform/tx")

-ch("./centre_xform/ty")

-ch("./centre_xform/tz")

where centre_xform is the transform sop that Marc suggested.