Effects like Golden Compas deamon death

CeeGee

I make some horse with fluid driven particle. Horse is make from seeds, client what somethnig like i mov file still in WIP stage.

Now they whant i to horse in one shot break apart like deamon in Golden compas , horse is running like in mov file

and on the and evrything is break apart everything fly away but horse need to break like golden compas effect...

i try but can get any good resault with fluid...

If any one can help.... :rolleyes:

horse_rnd_fluid.mov

Hey CeeGee,

What method are you using to make the effect in your .mov? I think that might be the big deciding factor on how you go about breaking the horse apart. If you are using mainly POPs then I think you might be able to use use different particle networks (like a horse based network and another bird based network and combine them with blendshape (as beautifully demonstrated at cardanfx).

I notice the horse is not dissolving over the course of the video, is that intential or is the idea that the horse should dissolve completely away while forming the bird?

Horse need to dissolve in next shot, particle from neck and tail and body is fludi driven particle, leg is POP.

Client whant something like Golden Compas effects, i have some resault with fluid driven particle but not smooth like in film...

DOP fluid is very big for learn, i still explore nodes...

• 4 weeks later...

right now you are getting the trail from the fluids? have you tried turning your entire horse into a "point cloud" type obejst using a scatter? you could then group differents particles like the legs in the first group, the head, tail, and the back into another... then you could put them into multiple POPnets in order to control how they each interact... for instance, have the legs only trail particles when they gallop? and the head tail and back constantly trail... that way you could also create you birds in SOPs and change that to a POPnet using the scatter SOP and use the blendshape SOP the way geneome suggested? IDK i have never done it but i think that should work... also i two people here at SCAD who have done similar projects and they are usually available for questions if you shoot them an email...

bird trailing a gorgeous particle net... this man is a true genius! his name is Hosuk Chang, and if you have never seen his work you really need to check it out no matter what you field is...

http://s204357084.onlinehome.us/project/bird/bird.htm

object becoming particles, then the particles "blow away"...

object becoming particles, then the particles "blow away"...

Main mistake in all of this kind of works is: when your legs has blowed away, how could you stand still?

I mean you should change the object position or behaviour and they must depend from blowing away progress...

Edited by Zanozza