Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'pyro solver'.
Found 4 results
Hey guys! Trying to figure out the whole custom vectorfield aspect of the pyro solver, but running into some issues.. I created a new vectorfield (Cd) under the smoke object, importing a Cd vectorfield that i want to use in a source volume node (replaced velocity with Cd to Cd as another forum post on here suggested). Then I added a gas advect field microsolver to the advection input of the pyro solver. With the multi checked on the visualization and Cd in for diffuse, I can see that the vectorfield is properly being sourced, but it doesnt advect by the velocity field for some reason, it just sits there. The gasadvectfield node should move the Cd by Vel right? I've found some good forum posts about this here, but for the life of me can't replicate the effect. Any suggestions / advice? Thanks! Cd_advect_v01.hiplc
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a blast/pyro effect, and I need some advices about fast colliders. I've fast moving collider that doesn't affect correctly my pyro. the solver seems to be unable to correctly evaluate the motion of my object. Any idea about how to solve this problem. I've a simple animated VDB collider (2 fileds vel and collisionvel) Cheers Bertrand
Hello guys! I'm new to the pyro solver and I have understood somewhat the basics of the solver, but for now what's keeping me hitting on a wall is how do I set the initial values for the simulation. I have exported a .bgeo using a DOP I/O dop with the fields that should be needed (temperature, vel, density, fuel and heat), and pointed to them on the smoke object dop but can't figure out how to map the heat on that initial state. I'm giving you guys the link to my .bgeo file if anyone can help me out. Thanks a lot everybody! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19910308/Seq_003c_fire_Initial_v01.bgeo
Hi all I'm looking for Critiques and tips on how I can improve my work. I simulated this using the Pyro solver and open cl with the sub steps 1(min) and 6(max) and a CFL condition of 3. The hope was to reduce the ghosting/trailing that is happening with the feet but as u can see it didn't work as I'd hope. Other then that I like the effect that came out but I wanted others option on how it looks. I didn't use combustion but here are some other settings. shape tab (pyro solver) division size of .04 dissipation of .075 disturbance 1.8 turbulence 0.25 simulation tab timescale 1 temperature 1.7 cooling rate 0.6 viscosity 0 buoyancy lift 17 buoyancy Dir 0,0,-1 smoke_horse_N2_ren.mov