Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'visa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General
    • Lounge/General chat
    • Education
    • Jobs
    • Marketplace
  • Houdini
    • General Houdini Questions
    • Effects
    • Modeling
    • Animation & Rigging
    • Lighting & Rendering
    • Compositing
    • Games
    • Tools (HDA's etc.)
  • Coders Corner
    • HDK : Houdini Development Kit
    • Scripting
    • Shaders
  • Art and Challenges
    • Finished Work
    • Work in Progress
    • VFX Challenge
    • Effects Challenge Archive
  • Systems and Other Applications
    • Other 3d Packages
    • Operating Systems
    • Hardware
    • Pipeline
  • od|force
    • Feedback, Suggestions, Bugs

Found 2 results

  1. Hello Everyone, I'm seeking information and advices about working in Australia (RSP, Iloura, Animal Logic and other great vfx houses). I'm 27 and currently working as junior compositor in Italy since 3 months but I want to emigrate (I'm putting money aside for this). I have to opportunity to obtain a Working-Holiday visa that permits to work 6 months per employer in a one-year window (you could gain another year if you work in farms for 88 days in that year). Could be a good idea to get that visa, travel to Australia and drop by these vfx houses to work there?
  2. Hello All, I've been offered an internship position at Side FX in Santa Monica - which is totally incredible!!! I'm very excited to pursue this and doing my research to relocate myself for 5-6 months, from Vancouver, Canada, to California. I understand as a Canadian, I can apply for a TN Visa to be able to get a work permit. This is what I have been told: - I can run over to the Canada/US Border, let them know I want to change my 'status' to 'TN' - do an interview on the spot - show them the offer letter from Side FX, other credentials, and passport - front $50 CAD - I should apply for the TN visa no earlier than 2 weeks of my start date. Is this true? It sounds all very simple and straight forward, but 2 weeks is cutting it really close, and I want to make sure I do this right without getting denied entry. Doing further research, what category/profession does a Side FX intern fall under as per NAFTA? - Graphic Designer? - Management Consultant? I know, it's best I should speak with a lawyer about all this, which I have - and for them to process this '$50' visa, it would cost me $1800 (http://www.vancouverimmigrationlawyer.org/). I don't want to leave any stone unturned, so I am wondering if any Canadian out there has gone down to Side FX in Santa Monica, and what steps did you take to relocate? The link above is from a law office that is based out of Toronto. Does anyone know a good lawyer in the Vancouver area that understands the nature of VFX work? Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks! ~n