isoOffset using attributes

kgoossens

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to have parameters of isooffset being controlled using attributes?

For example I would like to have $TY controlling the offset parameter.

In most cases if I cannot access such a parameter directly I use a foreach, but in this case since the geometry is completely rebuild I wouldn't know how to solve it.

Cheers

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to have parameters of isooffset being controlled using attributes?

For example I would like to have $TY controlling the offset parameter.

In most cases if I cannot access such a parameter directly I use a foreach, but in this case since the geometry is completely rebuild I wouldn't know how to solve it.

Cheers

Havent tested it, but I dont think you can use a per-point variable such as $TY to control a non-per-point parameter. You probably could use point() to access the Y value of a single point so it would be something like this

point("../myNode", 0, "P", 1)

Havent tested it, but I dont think you can use a per-point variable such as $TY to control a non-per-point parameter. You probably could use point() to access the Y value of a single point so it would be something like this

point("../myNode", 0, "P", 1)

Hi Spencer,

Thanks for the reply but it is not exactly what I mean.

I had already tried to create values an attributeCreate node. But I'm unable to access the data in the isoOffset.

If I would to read out an attrib value for 1 point it is still a global offset setting.

What I would like to do have local parameter changes.

I doubt this is the best way, but it seems to work. Forgive the messy scene.

It might not be quite what you want though.

Ack this file has so many problems, but I will leave it here nonetheless.

Hi Cheesestraws,

Thanks a lot for the hipfile. But it is not exactly what I had in mind. I forgot to tell that I'm using the isoOffset as an isoSurface. It is for creating landscapes with overhanging cliffs and caves.Finally I would like to have an erosion like effect on it. The offset gives good results but it is on the total of the surface.

The solution you have provided does this with a volume, but I'm unable to create a smooth isosurface from it. The results I have are very blocky. Can this be solved?

Cheers!