Attribute transfer

Farid

HI

I just ask if someone can help me understanding how to transfer Velocity attrib. from a DOP to POP

I just want the particle driven by DOP simulation ,i mean just the Velocity,something like the Sand from Miguel :-) . Thanks a lot

Cheers Farid

Hi!!

You need to sample the velocity components from the velocity vector field of the DOP simulation with a VOP POP. Look at the Advect tool from the Drive Particles shelf, is a great example for something like this.

HI

I just ask if someone can help me understanding how to transfer Velocity attrib. from a DOP to POP

I just want the particle driven by DOP simulation ,i mean just the Velocity,something like the Sand from Miguel :-) . Thanks a lot

Cheers Farid

use the "advect by volumes " node in POPs,specify the velocity in the velocity vulume field,something like /obj/AutoDopNetwork:smoke/vel

use the "advect by volumes " node in POPs,specify the velocity in the velocity vulume field,something like /obj/AutoDopNetwork:smoke/vel

Hi

Thanks a lot but doesn't seems to work ,the probleme is how to sample the velocity value from each rbd objeckt created in the dop network,i can see in the detail view the velocity but don't know how to acces this information grrrrrrr

thanks,maybe a hip file will help me understand the process of extracting information out of DOP to use it in POP especialy VELOCITY

Thanks again

Farid

Hi

Thanks a lot but doesn't seems to work ,the probleme is how to sample the velocity value from each rbd objeckt created in the dop network,i can see in the detail view the velocity but don't know how to acces this information grrrrrrr

thanks,maybe a hip file will help me understand the process of extracting information out of DOP to use it in POP especialy VELOCITY

Thanks again

Farid

do you mean some single RBD obj? if so you can use dopfield expression to extract the specific info from some RBD obj,and explicitly set it to the particles.eg "velocity" op in POPs. if you would advect the particles by the velocity field you can use the "advect by volume" directly. in addition,you can also pull the particles or points into the DOPs for the simulation or define some custom fields directly to advect the particles in POPs. :P

do you mean some single RBD obj? if so you can use dopfield expression to extract the specific info from some RBD obj,and explicitly set it to the particles.eg "velocity" op in POPs. if you would advect the particles by the velocity field you can use the "advect by volume" directly. in addition,you can also pull the particles or points into the DOPs for the simulation or define some custom fields directly to advect the particles in POPs. :P

I'm realy lost ,because of the many RBD objekt generated by one in the dop section,i don't know how to collect all this informations .Here is the hip file,hope you can help me further,just want the particles to be driven by the Velocity of the RBD object .

Thanks a lot for your time.

Cheers Farid

particle_driven.hipnc

I'm realy lost ,because of the many RBD objekt generated by one in the dop section,i don't know how to collect all this informations .Here is the hip file,hope you can help me further,just want the particles to be driven by the Velocity of the RBD object .

Cheers Farid

Here is the modified hip file,I simply add the rbd velocity to the original particle. hope it helps :P

Cheers Farid

Here is the modified hip file,I simply add the rbd velocity to the original particle. hope it helps :P

particle_driven11.hipnc

Thanks a lot ,the particles are realy following the motion from the rbd but i think all the particles are doing the same thing or the veolocity is just one of the rbd object,i means like Miguel told me i have to sample all the velocity incoming then transfer these to the particles,they have to fall just like the ball or the balls do.He said i have to import all the rbd velocity existing in the dop ( because there are many object as you saw,with transfer attribute in sop to the particles...Seems realy complicated as i was thinking.I'm sure you saw his Sand movie,if not here is the link.http://www.youtube.com/user/MiguelPerezSenent#p/u/12/NjgYGdBvikw

But anyway i happy that you could help me,thanks again very much.

Cheers farid

Edited by Farid

Thanks a lot ,the particles are realy following the motion from the rbd but i think all the particles are doing the same thing or the veolocity is just one of the rbd object,i means like Miguel told me i have to sample all the velocity incoming then transfer these to the particles,they have to fall just like the ball or the balls do.He said i have to import all the rbd velocity existing in the dop ( because there are many object as you saw,with transfer attribute in sop to the particles...Seems realy complicated as i was thinking.I'm sure you saw his Sand movie,if not here is the link.http://www.youtube.com/user/MiguelPerezSenent#p/u/12/NjgYGdBvikw

But anyway i happy that you could help me,thanks again very much.

Cheers farid

I have seen his reel.I guess he firstly "dopimport" the rbd objects stream as points then attribute transfer the vel to the "box grids" to construct the velocity field by which the particles can then be advected in the POPs.for construct the custom fields in SOPs,see

houdini has shipped the sand solver,has anyone tried it?

I have seen his reel.I guess he firstly "dopimport" the rbd objects stream as points then attribute transfer the vel to the "box grids" to construct the velocity field by which the particles can then be advected in the POPs.for construct the custom fields in SOPs,see

houdini has shipped the sand solver,has anyone tried it?

Thanks a lot ,i'll give it a try ...I don't know much about th sand solver maybe it's an option too

cheers Farid