creating POPs and collision objects

Hey guys. I'm trying to create a cornel box with a chute on the side that leads into the box. An emitter drops the particles through the chute and into the box. (Once I get the particles to react properly, I'm going to turn them into metaballs) However, I can't get the particles to work. At all. I tried the various tutorials, but still nothing. Can anyone out there help?

Can you elaborate a bit more on your problem or post your file?

What is your source for birthing the particles? Have you applied some gravity to them so they fall onto the chute and set your chute as a collision object with sliding turned on?

It's difficult to pinpoint the problem without more info.

In the chute there is a grid that is the particle emitter. When I hit play, most of the particles properly bounce into the box, but quite a few keep going straight down (I have a 'force' set to -3 on the Y-axis for gravity). Also, once the particles stream into the box, they hit the far side, but only half of them actually it the bottom of the box. And even these bounce right through the wall they just streamed down. I'm currently using slide collision, but have tried bounce too.

I'll post my scene in a bit. I've got to burn it onto a CD from my workstation.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sorry for the late reply, didn't have a chance earlier.

First what are you trying to achieve with the Point SOP?

I've bypassed it for now, then set the source to your grid or make your metaball slightly smaller. The metaball is to big that's why you losing particles on the side. When using the grid change emmission type to points or surface.

Now this done you can set your collision to bounce and it works just fine. As for the sliding I am not certain why they fall off, but you could get around this by using grids on the side and bottom and use another collision POP set to die or stick on collision.

Also what is the group (collision) SOP meant to do?

I hope this helps.

Andre