extrude profil with animate U direction + UVs

blackchicken

Hello, I have little problem with extruding profile(simple line) along noisy curve, I cant find any sop where I can animate U lengh, effect like animating extruding, another problem is with UVs. I have simple texture but relatively long text, I could Use polywire with animated clip, but polywire has UVs per one segment, If I have 100 segments, I need weld UVs to get one stright UV of whole object, but editing UVs in houdini loks so much strange to me, But clip is ok, texture fit perfectly. So Is there something like in maya with nurbs extrude what I can Animate along curve? Sorry for that stupid question but I cant find it anywhere....Thanks a lot BC.

I think you could use a "carve sop" to animate the lenght of your curve, so extrusion would grow while you show more and more of your curve...If it's nurbs your extruding, you could actually use the carve sop to reveal it too.

Maybe you could postyour scene, it's always easier when you can go fix it directly in someones scene.

Hope this helps...

For the uv question, I don't know an answer, even thought I'm sure there is one.

Good luck!

Edited by jrgauthier