Multiply fluid volume collision

Overload

as far as i know theres only 2 possibilities..either they collide or they don't..i dont think there's anything such as partial collisions..(again there is mutual collisions or ones defined by the collide relationships..) BUT the Fact remains that either an object collides or it doesn't..

I guess you are trying to point to How much your fluid affects the other objects..??

you can achieve this level of interaction between fluid and RBD by using the feedback scale..

also you could use fluid force dop on the object..

hope this helps..

Edited by bhaveshpandey

The objects do collide, and make the smoke swirl. But I want to multiply their collision to make it more pronounced (Similar to a motion field in Maya). Its already set up as an RBD with my fluid, but changing the scale doesn't seem to do anything.

Yep all that stuff is turned on as it should be, and it does swirl around and interact. I just want to increase the collision. I have a character walking through the fluid field, and the smoke really needs to wrap around his legs and arms. But raising the value of the vortices does not do what I want, and neither does multiplying the incoming velocity.

Ok, I figured it out. Volume velocity is a no go. I had to re-compute my velocity, and multiply it that way (via the handy trail sop). Also, Use Point Velocity for Collisions has to be turned on in the advanced options. FYI, doesn't do anything if Use Volume Velocity for Collisions is also turned on, they cancel each other out. Gets the same result for Static object and RBD object (as far as I can tell). In case somebody else runs into the same issue. Cheers.