design vector fields

chumbuk

Hi guys! I am carried away by volume primitives, and my experiments no edge))) I am very interested in technologies and approaches for creating custom arbitrary vector field in DOPs, to obtain a predictable advection. It is interesting how the approaches do you use? The most direct is mathematically in the Gas Field Vope define a function of the vector relative space and time, but doing so a complex system, sometimes a long time. The second way I know of is the "Field modeling", when a cloud of points (or particles) in the SOP which are vectors which are then pulled out of DOP with Gas Partikle Field, and further edited in the DOP. And "Sop Scalar(vector) Fild" Dop from masks and sources impor from SOP. Please share your tricks:)))Sory from bad English...

field_design.hip.rar

field_design.mov

Hi guys! I am carried away by volume primitives, and my experiments no edge))) I am very interested in technologies and approaches for creating custom arbitrary vector field in DOPs, to obtain a predictable advection. It is interesting how the approaches do you use? The most direct is mathematically in the Gas Field Vope define a function of the vector relative space and time, but doing so a complex system, sometimes a long time. The second way I know of is the "Field modeling", when a cloud of points (or particles) in the SOP which are vectors which are then pulled out of DOP with Gas Partikle Field, and further edited in the DOP. And "Sop Scalar(vector) Fild" Dop from masks and sources impor from SOP. Please share your tricks:)))Sory from bad English...

Very nice technique Chumbuk,

Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad that you liked it! Topic is very interesting, I'll continue to share findings.And very interesting what others use methods and techniques :rolleyes:

Hi,Chumbuk,Peter has thesis about "Controlling fluid simulations with custom fields in Houdini",here is the link

:P

Hi ~nature~, Peter`s thesis it is great! I become developing microsolvers after reading it. Respect to Peter!))) But regarding the production of pre-defined complex vector field Peter`s method of moving through a metabols is rather heavy.

maybe I am wrong ...