Post Process Mantra

Hey,

I've trying to do a kind of post process on mantra render. So far I can obviously submit a mantra render then a second 'render' using halo however.... is there anyway of being able to post process the render in mantra submission so I don't have to send the 2 renders to the farm whether automated or not?

Cheers

John

Hey,

I've trying to do a kind of post process on mantra render. So far I can obviously submit a mantra render then a second 'render' using halo however.... is there anyway of being able to post process the render in mantra submission so I don't have to send the 2 renders to the farm whether automated or not?

Cheers

John

Ways of subitting to farms vary, but have you tried linking the output of your Mantra ROP to the input of your Composite ROP. When you render your Composite ROP, it renders the rops top down so that it will render your Mantra first, followed by your Composite.

Ways of subitting to farms vary, but have you tried linking the output of your Mantra ROP to the input of your Composite ROP. When you render your Composite ROP, it renders the rops top down so that it will render your Mantra first, followed by your Composite.

You can point the rendering to a merge ROP that connected to multiple Mantra ROPs!

I see what you mean guys thanks.. The problem is we submit mantra jobs to the farm from IFDs. From what I can tell I would have to create IFDs then render the IFDs and then a third 'render' to process the Composite (in batch I would suppose).

The third process is better done in Fusion for us as it wouldn't utilise hBatch licenses on the farm. I was hoping there could be a mantra process for this but it was a long shot :)

Cheers

John

Edited by protean

I see what you mean guys thanks.. The problem is we submit mantra jobs to the farm from IFDs. From what I can tell I would have to create IFDs then render the IFDs and then a third 'render' to process the Composite (in batch I would suppose).

The third process is better done in Fusion for us as it wouldn't utilise hBatch licenses on the farm. I was hoping there could be a mantra process for this but it was a long shot :)

Cheers

John

Exactly, you would need to first generate your ifd for your mantra rop via hbatch, render mantra, followed by the composite rop via hbatch.