cmivfx fluids for td's question

haggi

Hi,

I'm just trying to understand the fluids with the cmivfx fluids for td's video.

There is a part where a SDF object is used as a continous source of liquid, same as "source from object" in the shelf.

They create an object use an isooffset to create the SDF and use it in the dop netowork. Until here it works fine.

But then the same SDF object is used in a static object and it is connected to the fluid object with a merge node.

Switching the merge node to a "source relationship" should make the SDF object a continouse source of liquid.

If I do the same steps, my liquid always collides with the static object instead using it as a source.

I've seen that in houdini 10 an additional source relationship node is used if I create the system with the shelf button.

Did this behaviour change in houdini 10, or am I missing something? Of course I can use the shelf button, but I'd prefer to understand the procedure.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks a lot!

I could find out what the problem is. I connected the static objec and the fluid object into a merge node and the output of the merge node into the fluid solver.

This way the procedure doesnt work.

It seems that I have to connect the fluid object to the solver first and merge the output of the fluid solver with the static object.

In the cmivfx video, the merge node is inserted before the fluid solver and this procedure seems not to work properly.