ending a ForEach early

danw

Is there any way, within a ForEach SOP set to iterate by number, to force the ForEach to end early? I'm imagining it being possible to set the stamp value to the end condition or some such, but I've no idea if its possible to affect the stamp value directly.

This would create the effect of a While SOP, so if anyone knows an alternative way to hack this, anything would be good. I just need a SOP subnetwork that will iterate until a condition is met, rather than having to be pre-set.

There is no way you can interrupt the cooking of the operator. To do what you want you basically need to come up with your condition and somehow pass that info to successive iterations.

If you are using Merge Results, then you'd want to let the iterations know to pass nothing to the output. If you aren't merging results then you'd need to let it know to just pass the input geometry through.

Edited by graham

it´s a bit clumsy but it works. using python would be easier.

petz

Thanks for the link, interesting idea. It looks like it works over successive frames, but I can't see it cutting short the current for loop. I could be being daft however. :-)

From what I can tell, the only robust way to do it is as graham/edward suggest and just have a switch in there to bypass the contents of the foreach and save the time they'd take to cook. Just a shame to waste all those needless iterations cooking the foreach itself, especially if there's a whole lot of redundancy in there.

*sigh*... oh for a While op :-P