Render Expression

Fabiano Berlim

Is there any expression who can return true or false at render time.

For example. I have something that changes in the begining of my network.

Instead of duplicate all and flag render and visualization. I could use that expression in a switch node that can return me 0 and 1.

Thanks in advance

...returns true or false at render time depending on what accually? that a render was fired or something else? If you need to change your network based on Mantra Rop usage, use pre/post frame/render scripts on the Script Tab of Mantra ROP. You can put there any command you need to execute on render time (on soho execution).

...returns true or false at render time depending on what accually? that a render was fired or something else? If you need to change your network based on Mantra Rop usage, use pre/post frame/render scripts on the Script Tab of Mantra ROP. You can put there any command you need to execute on render time (on soho execution).

Thanks for the reply.

Oh! Ok. Let me explain it better.

I have a L-System in the beginning of my network. I want to visualize it with "skeleton". Cause I will copy a bunch of these objects. But at render time, I want it that to be in "tube" mode.

So... I think the normal process in Houdini is to duplicate all the network and flag one with "display" and another with "render". But instead of doing that I was thinking to use "switch node" in the beginning of the network. So if I have an expression that return me "true" or "false" when I press render. I would not need to change the "switch node" value (0 = skeleton, 1 = tube) everytime.

Nuke has an expression like that and its very useful when you're dealing with a very heavy node process.

I hope that the explanation help to understand this time.

Thanks!