building shatterin (voronoi)

Omy

The .otl file a digital asset you must install before the file will work.

At the main menu bar, select File>Install Digital Asset Library.

This will open the install dialogue window.

Point the file field parameter to the .otl file, where ever you have it on your computer.

You install to this HIP file only and then it will only work in this file. Or you can save it to your scanned otl directory an then it will be available to all hip file without having to install it in another file.

Once the otl is installed I bet all will work for you. I would then save the hip file again as well.

You may have to restart Houdini and open the hip file again, I am not sure.

The .otl file a digital asset you must install before the file will work.

At the main menu bar, select File>Install Digital Asset Library.

This will open the install dialogue window.

Point the file field parameter to the .otl file, where ever you have it on your computer.

You install to this HIP file only and then it will only work in this file. Or you can save it to your scanned otl directory an then it will be available to all hip file without having to install it in another file.

Once the otl is installed I bet all will work for you. I would then save the hip file again as well.

You may have to restart Houdini and open the hip file again, I am not sure.

@ above

i know.. it works.. but i want to know how it works

perhaps next time be a bit more precise in what you want.. how it works you can easily see when exploring the hip file you have.. there is no magic inside just networks, if you cant read it i suggest you start with a simpler examples of how houdini work.. lots of them can be found in the help.

regarding voronoi fracturing. its basicly(very simplified) taking the points and creating a cutting plane in the middle of each two points resulting in cells..

perhaps next time be a bit more precise in what you want.. how it works you can easily see when exploring the hip file you have.. there is no magic inside just networks, if you cant read it i suggest you start with a simpler examples of how houdini work.. lots of them can be found in the help.

regarding voronoi fracturing. its basicly(very simplified) taking the points and creating a cutting plane in the middle of each two points resulting in cells..

it was a dumb quest. m jus a beginner.. sry for tat.. could u tel me whats the role of the rbd glue objects.. because even without tat the sim runs fine..

many thanks

rbd glue is like the name suggests like a glue.. so depending on its values and right use the parts of a glued object stick together until a force is big enough to break it.. so playing with the glue values will make your breaking object break into all its prebroken parts at first hit or after a few hit or gradually or not break at all.. its a very usefull too to control rbd sims