My Final Year Project & Industrial Attachment Project

xmetallicx

Hey all thought i did share 2 of my houdini projects that i did during my first semester of my 3rd year in school after much lurking was done in odforce to complete them.

First was the Houdini Apprentice challenge which unfortunately i didn't made it in time for submission. My First project in houdini! It was tough to do it in 2 and a half months including learning the program at the same time.

Next up is my industrial attachment project between my school and SideFX LA. 3 months in sunny Santa Monica. Dang, i miss it already xD.

Feel free to comment on them! Thanks!

I like 'em both. The second one has great energy, in particular. For the first one, I enjoyed it but I found the ground breaking was kind of a realistic size.... which is good but next time turn it to 11, Hollywood-style! Flying rocks, huge break, a ton of dust and so on! :)

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Blackchicken:

You sure guess them alright!

For the first shot the monster is made using the l-system and animated on a line using a creep SOP.

For the second shot, the explosions were done using pyroFX as you have mentioned using a pointSOP for custom velocities and temperature.

The mountains shading was done based on the normals of the geometry. Its a pretty basic shader checking for Y normals (Snow) and X & Z normals (rock + displacement).

@Jason

Haha! Yeah! I should just let loose mayhem all around xD

Just wanna take the opportunity to thank stevenong for being my mentor during my attachment too! xD