lsys generations

hatrick

Hi,

how can i get control of the following... le's say i ve a simple rule with one of the leafvaribles at the end and i want to change the leaf to an another input after 5th generation...

prem: A

rule1:A=!FF//FFJA

after rewriting to 5th generation J should be replaced with.... for example K ?...

thx a lot

HT

I would set a rule and some probability for what you are facing.

Instead of using J explicitly, you could for example, move J to another variable that looks up the iteration number. Something like this:

F=FFFA

A: t >= 5 = J

After rereading your question I think that you want to switch the geometry itself. If so I don't see why you couldn't have two pieces of geometry put into a switch node, and that plugged into the J leaf. Then use a quick expression to swap them out if the generation count is >= 5. Something like this:

if( ch( "../lsystem1/generations" ) >= 5, 1, 0)

I would highly recommend buying the L-Systems training from CMIVFX if you haven't already. :)

Also the algorithmic beauty if plants is a good book and its free, there is a pdf somewhere.

Good luck!

thx for your ideas but i think i ve asked my question the wrong way ....when i setup the switch node all the inputgeometry changes with "gen>=5" ... what i want is the geo "gen<5" staying the same and after the 5th generation another geo should show up... i tried to set this up with different rules with different geoinputs, but that way i'm not getting the animation behavour i want.

It should be ... gen1: Branch with leaf

gen2: Branch with leaf ... etc. up to gen 5

gen5: Brachn with bloom

FFFJFFFJFFFJFFFJFFFK would be perfect

i ll checkout the pdf ...

thx

thx for your ideas but i think i ve asked my question the wrong way ....when i setup the switch node all the inputgeometry changes with "gen>=5" ... what i want is the geo "gen<5" staying the same and after the 5th generation another geo should show up... i tried to set this up with different rules with different geoinputs, but that way i'm not getting the animation behavour i want.

It should be ... gen1: Branch with leaf

gen2: Branch with leaf ... etc. up to gen 5

gen5: Brachn with bloom

FFFJFFFJFFFJFFFJFFFK would be perfect

i ll checkout the pdf ...

thx

sorry everthing clear now .... it behaves as you ve stated above : A: t >= 5 = J

thx a lot !!

sorry everthing clear now .... it behaves as you ve stated above : A: t >= 5 = J

thx a lot !!

k ... still troubles :)...

i ve setup a little example to show what i mean ... it s kind of logical that there re as many cubes as i ve generations but i only want 1 ! is that possible

example:

rule1: A=FFFAX

rule2: X:t>=4=J

"J" is my cube and i only want 1 cube instead of 4 cubes laying on top of each other after the animation passes gen 4...

it would be no problem to set this up with multible rulez as a model .... but how to setup for animation

thx

k ... still troubles :)...

i ve setup a little example to show what i mean ... it s kind of logical that there re as many cubes as i ve generations but i only want 1 ! is that possible

example:

rule1: A=FFFAX

rule2: X:t>=4=J

"J" is my cube and i only want 1 cube instead of 4 cubes laying on top of each other after the animation passes gen 4...

it would be no problem to set this up with multible rulez as a model .... but how to setup for animation

thx

why noone is stopping me :) in this single user loop...

i completly missed that the animation does not behave by generation but by rule line !! sorry for that