Strange Handles

Richey

Hi hi,

I've got two very basic question.

1. Often, when I select Vertices, Edges or Faces, I've get a very strange Handle like you can see on the screenshot. What does that mean and how can I fix this?

2. Sometimes, when I move the pivot point of an object, also the object moves. WHY? :)

Thanks a lot!

handle.JPG

Edited by Richey

Unfortunately when You scale at object level, often the handles at sop level are scaled too, the other unexplained thing is that the construction plane is sometimes rotated when i do some sop level transforms, so every time i have to reset it. Somebody has an explanation to that please share.

Thanks!

When you moved from the object level into a geometry object that has transformations on it, you are then viewing that object as it appears from the outside. That is why the handles get distorted, your construction plane appears to be weird, etc. If you hit Home in the viewport, your viewer then normalizes itself to the transforms of your object and the geometry basically appears as if no transforms were applied to the container because you are then in effect looking at the geometry without regard to the container above, or things outside. Of course if you have ghosting on things outside will be distorted. If you then jump out, your viewer is still calibrated to the geometry object so everything else will still look different. If you hit Home again things will be back to normal.