Uhhh... VEX shading in viewport?

have been locked to version 8 for a few years here at work. Now, in version 10.5 I'm applying a v_supermat to some prims and can't find the viewport option to see VEX shading. Is it moved/gone? I can do render region to see it but I need interactive. The embarrassing thing is that I think I asked a coworker about this last year. Any help?

have been locked to version 8 for a few years here at work. Now, in version 10.5 I'm applying a v_supermat to some prims and can't find the viewport option to see VEX shading. Is it moved/gone? I can do render region to see it but I need interactive. The embarrassing thing is that I think I asked a coworker about this last year. Any help?

Errr.. I believe discussions on 10.5 should be restricted to the alpha forums. ;)

Is it moved/gone? I can do render region to see it but I need interactive.

It's gone. AFAICT, it was almost always too slow to be useful anyhow. The closest thing right now is probably to have some sort of GLSL equivalent for visualizing in the viewport.

Edward is right: it only worked 1 times out of 10 for me too. I still wish we could get Cd attributes (and export variables!) to be BakeVEX'd onto polygons as a standin replacement but that's not possible either right now.

Edward is right: it only worked 1 times out of 10 for me too. I still wish we could get Cd attributes (and export variables!) to be BakeVEX'd onto polygons as a standin replacement but that's not possible either right now.

Great Ceasar's Ghost. I did ask this same question last year, and you responded Jason. I'm truly an idiot this week.

Okay. I'll commit to memory this time for sure. I'm finding the primitive SOP for my early tests is perfect for now. Thanks!

Edited by steven

Sorry to crash this guys but it seems to be on the same lines as a question I was going to ask.

I'm very new to Houdini & I'm coming from a 3D studio Max background.

Can you show textures in the Scene viewport? I'm using the shader view at the moment but the UV's arn't shown properly in there so instead of rendering a frame eachtime it would be great to see the texture in realtime in the Scene View like I could in Max.

Thanks guys

Steve