Importing POPs to DOPs

seth_ro18

I have a POP Network set up inside a SOP Network, and I want to import the POP's Geometry data into a DOP Network. What is the best way to do that? When I use a POP Object node, it imports the initial point positions, but it does not update the particles nor does it import the POP's group information. If I output the POP Network to a SOP node (e.g. a Null), then use a SOP Geometry node to read the points into the DOP, it does not read in any of the Geometry. Do I have to set up the POP Network inside the DOP? What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

Hey Seth

Use a sop geometry node to bring in your pop net through the "SOP Path". Then there are several nodes ("gas particle ____") that you can use, depending on what you are doing, to manipulate your particular dop solver.

Hope that helps

Zach

Hi,

For some reason it's not transferring my data over, or so it seems. When I look at the details view of the SOP Geometry node, it has no Geometry information or anything. However, all the points are there in the POP Network. Also, my point attribute and group information does not transfer. In case it helps, I'm attaching an example file:

POPtoDOP.hipnc

Hi,

For some reason it's not transferring my data over, or so it seems. When I look at the details view of the SOP Geometry node, it has no Geometry information or anything. However, all the points are there in the POP Network. Also, my point attribute and group information does not transfer. In case it helps, I'm attaching an example file:

A sopgeo node connected to nothing doesn´t work. You need to connect the Geometry data to a object.

Put down a empty object node and pipe it into the sopgeo.

Since the POPnet is "deforming" you also need to read it in every frame, set the sop path and Time parameters to Set Always and in time field set $T.

POPtoDOP.hipnc

Edited by mawi