hair system?

hi there!

I found this pic somewhere, from someone( but I'm not able to find this anymore) I'm very interested , how to make something like this. Is it just fur trough comb modeled? or any other idea. the best would be if somebody call to mind who did this. (sorry to post not mine pics)

Thanx and Cheers!

post-5022-126986927453_thumb.jpg

Run a fluid simulation, display the velocity as streamers, increase their length. Then import those into the sop context and add "width" and some color to them (or sweep circles if you want actual tubes). Render.

thx Peter ;)

But what If I wanted to create this effect on sphere or even complex volume. Is it somehow possible?

Can I make conteiner for fluid simmulation different shaped?

Edited by quarel

thanx for his link!

I brood on this forming the container. you gave me an idea - principe of the plaster-casting - using negative form of my model trough cookie SOP into cube for example! I'll try it.

What you need is the vel/Visualization information. Me and Coen (fomal) found you can get it by putting down a dopimport node with:

dopnetwork: /obj/AutoDopNetwork

obj mask: pyro

Geometry data path: vel/Visualization

or use an obj import with this in its object path (it's the same thing):

/obj/AutoDopNetwork:pyro/vel/Visualization

To do something similar on a sphere you will probably need to advect particles and push them inside using an sdf (see Eetu's labs thread).

And yes, they animate... afterall they are used to visualize the velocity. You can probably add several visualization fields, with different offsets in the plane.

Still it wouldn't look quite the same. My guess how he did it was using vorticles/surfels that float with the fluid, bring those into sops (they have Geometry attached to them, so you can get to it by dopnetwork:myObject/vorticles).

Although maybe it was just advecting particles and adding trailing lines to it.

Anyway, the important thing to take away here is that you get to your dops data by: dopnetwork:dopobject/data

• Like 1

Peter! thanx a lot once again!

After whole day! I did it :blink:

The next problem also was , that Streamer is just 2D plane(like in 3rd screen). THe solution was more than one Source Object in conteiner.

and then the next was how to render it.

I Post very ugly render (must not be better then reference:) and I must go to sleep.

post-5022-126999128295_thumb.jpg

post-5022-126999141419_thumb.png

post-5022-126999147736_thumb.png

this looked like fun so i gave it a try. i went with the first technique pclaes mentioned and it worked very well. thx for the tips. =]

very nice set up of light and the DOF. How did you do this?Can you post me a clear scene with camera and light? :rolleyes:

sure, no problem.

simple 3 light setup .. just play around with light-position and -intensity to get the look you want. or use more or less lights. but that's basically what i used.

for adjusting the focus you have to right-click a handle of the camera and choose focus handle ( http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/basics/handles_camlights ).

and of course the sampling in the mantra node has to be adjusted for a cleaner render.

greetz =)

velviz.hipnc