Replace A bone in Houdini

nbjsargent

I've been searching for this all over, and some solutions come pretty close to what i'm looking to do, but not quite. It's simple actually. What I want to do is to replace an old bone with a new one while keeping my painted weights. I've looked into the attribstringedit node but have NO idea how to access the "pCapt regn" attributes that contain the path to each bones: chain_bone2/cregion 0

If i would like to replace "chain_bone2/cregion 0" with "chain_bone12/cregion 0" in all the pCapt regn[1], pCapt regn[2] etc, attributes, how do I do it? I'm out of ideas for accessing these attributes...

ps. The node says that it contains pCapt[12] point attributes, but I just can't access the pCapt regn[1,2,3,4...] of this attribute.

I think you need to do the replacement in the pCaptPath attribute (using AttribStringEdit).

Oh wow, it did work. Thanks alot man! I was skeptical about trying that since that's a detail attribute that currently shows up empty in the attribute spreadsheet.

Edited by nbjsargent

Oh wow, it did work. Thanks alot man! I was skeptical about trying that since that's a detail attribute that currently shows up empty in the attribute spreadsheet.

A new issue came up. Now everytime i pose my character, save the file, and re-open it, the rig is back to the default location and is separate from the bones.