Houdini FBX import and export problem

ranw0477

Hi all,

These days i am testing the possiblity to export scene from Houdin to Maya and vice versa. But I got some problem here, can anyone came across these problem and can help me out? Thanks!!!

When trying to export a simple bone chain and a rigid bined skin from maya2010 to houdini10, the skin was deformed pretty weired, but the smooth bind skin seems worked. I looked into the nodes, and the cregion sops inside the last two joints are missing for the rigid binded geo. Even I copy the cegion sops from other joint node(houdini create a null with a cegion to fake a joint) into them, the geo was stilled massed up.

When trying to export a bone chain from houdini10 to maya2010, if there is any node other than bone between two bone nodes, that node's world tranfom will go wrong. Although the relative position between output bone nodes after that non-bone node is correct, but their world transform will also go wrong(since there input node's world transform is wrong). One more intersting thing is if that non_bone node is a null node, it will be changed into a joint in Maya.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Can you post your file and/or a screenshot of the options you are ticking on in the FBX export dialogue in Houdini and the FBX import dialogue in Houdini?

Hi all,

These days i am testing the possiblity to export scene from Houdin to Maya and vice versa. But I got some problem here, can anyone came across these problem and can help me out? Thanks!!!

When trying to export a simple bone chain and a rigid bined skin from maya2010 to houdini10, the skin was deformed pretty weired, but the smooth bind skin seems worked. I looked into the nodes, and the cregion sops inside the last two joints are missing for the rigid binded geo. Even I copy the cegion sops from other joint node(houdini create a null with a cegion to fake a joint) into them, the geo was stilled massed up.

When trying to export a bone chain from houdini10 to maya2010, if there is any node other than bone between two bone nodes, that node's world tranfom will go wrong. Although the relative position between output bone nodes after that non-bone node is correct, but their world transform will also go wrong(since there input node's world transform is wrong). One more intersting thing is if that non_bone node is a null node, it will be changed into a joint in Maya.

Is there a reason you can't test with Houdini 11? I know FBX has improved somewhat over the past year and I've had some success with it... although I'm pretty sure that bones + bound skin must be the least guaranteed to work/ <_<