HDR micropolygon and reflections

I am trying to use an environment light or a light template in conjuction with an HDR image to light my scene, the problem is if I use micropolygon I can't see any reflections on my objects from the HDR, it just works with PBR.

I can use a simple sphere with a constant shader with my hdr map to produce reflections but I don't know how to align the sphere with the environment or the light template.

How can I make it work with the micropolygon render?

Thanks

I am trying to use an environment light or a light template in conjuction with an HDR image to light my scene, the problem is if I use micropolygon I can't see any reflections on my objects from the HDR, it just works with PBR.

I can use a simple sphere with a constant shader with my hdr map to produce reflections but I don't know how to align the sphere with the environment or the light template.

How can I make it work with the micropolygon render?

Thanks

Good to see people from Brazil learning Houdini!

Inside the Vop/SHOP there's a node called environment map. It's a lot faster then reflection.

If you need to reflect another object, you can use (also in Vop/SHOP) a node called Trace, it has an environment map property built-in.

Notice that inside of all reflection materials there's an environment map property that you can call your image.

Cheers

Hi Fabiano!

So, the environment would be a really nice solution if weren't by the align problem, I didn't find a way to align an light with HDR with the environment reflection, the only option in environment reflection the works for aligning the rotation of the map is "world space" and that I cant rotate at all, I hope I could explain right.

If theres a way to align the reflection environment with light environment would be great but I didn't find a way to do it right.

Any tips?

Edited by Mzigaib