Mad Science - Lighting Challenge

LaidlawFX

White spots are samples which exceed much beyond average measure of the whole image brightness. You can nuke then down with vm_colorlimit property on mantra ROP (like ~10 save for hdr, enough small to compensate it)

White spots are samples which exceed much beyond average measure of the whole image brightness. You can nuke then down with vm_colorlimit property on mantra ROP (like ~10 save for hdr, enough small to compensate it)

Thanks, will give it a try

I believe it is all fixed in 11 so I just have to wait to combine the two right?

There are some nice things in H11 to aid in rendering this sort of scene. Since the sneak peak shows the use of geometry lights and your scene seems to have geometry emitting light, definitely yes on that front.

You may have to modify/switch shaders to take full advantage of what's in H11.

You may have to modify/switch shaders to take full advantage of what's in H11.

Lol, drop my uber shader, lol, :(... progress is sad....

I can't wait to get my hands wet with 11 :D, but I needs the means to acquire and time to install, no more school upgrades, no more multiple cores.... stupid single core at home.... lol

Lol, drop my uber shader, lol, :(... progress is sad....

I can't wait to get my hands wet with 11 :D, but I needs the means to acquire and time to install, no more school upgrades, no more multiple cores.... stupid single core at home.... lol

Not at all!

I'd say your Uber Shader project would get that much more interesting. The new stuff has been added as VOP subnet wrappers so you can go in there and tear stuff apart and rebuild to your own heats content.

I view it all as additive/positive. Lots of new stuff has been added for you to rip out and plug in to your own VOP/VEX uber shaders. Or you can use the new stuff as-is. Up to you.

Not at all!

I'd say your Uber Shader project would get that much more interesting. The new stuff has been added as VOP subnet wrappers so you can go in there and tear stuff apart and rebuild to your own heats content.

I view it all as additive/positive. Lots of new stuff has been added for you to rip out and plug in to your own VOP/VEX uber shaders. Or you can use the new stuff as-is. Up to you.

So your saying I'm going to find hours more of entertainment / banging my head against the wall thanks to H11.... I'm not sure whether to kiss some one or punch them.... Lol, good thing I don't have a gf right now so me and H11 can be tight... or I can just use the defaults, and go have a life... decisions...

...bytw... sarcasm...

Edited by LaidlawFX

Ok so do to the sadness of my computer I had to use Mantra, and I couldn't do caustics or FG with PBR/Mantra because I couldn't increase the samples high enough to a reasonable level to make everything look nice. It sadly took three days to render this image... I hate illuminance loops, I can do 20,000 hand placed, ray traced objects no problems, but illuminance loops will be the death of this computer. I need a new computer from this decade....

Comments and feedback are welcome.

post-5070-127932242324_thumb.png