Index Field

Pazuzu

Hi!!

Its possible that someone explain to me, what exactly does the index field in a gas calculate microsolver when two fields are processed? in the help says that the index field stores the object id, but i don´t understand what exactly does.

Thanks.

Indeed, it looks like index field is array of integers, index field visualization has 'index to visualize' parameter, so i guess we can choose array index. Of course i'm not sure.

Check the example. In scene just turn off Use Plane in indexfieldvisualization1 node, then changing Index to Visualize u can visualize specified index. Maybe in gas calculate when we changing source property we are changing array index in index field. I'm just thinking loudly.

I've found in information in help:

Index to Visualize - If not using Plane visualization, an iso surface will be built at this value. It will surround the volume of the field that has a value equal to the index value.

So it means that is not array of integers, it contains integers and builds visualization when index == value :)

I have notice that you have grouped points directly with "wildcards" inside the group parameter of the point sop to select the points with negative values, i didn't know that this can be possible....Great!!!

@vs<0

hey Piotr. I understand how to read the value of the index fields and use them later, it is obviously. Puzzle for me as their uses in pyro and smoke solver components, such as Gas advect or gas nondivergent project, i think it is for separate and collide fild for different sources, but it's my thinks

I meant "collisionindex" in gas feedback and enforceboundary))) In general if we are having this issue, we must examine other additional field sourceindex, collisionvel, pumpindex.I guess that they are used as a mask, but what kind of mathematics we need to understand.

index(source collision pump) field allow extracted phisical parametrs from geometry objects like velosity temperature etc. index field is like mask and don't consist of value of this atributes. Attributes can extracted with Gas Calculate dop. Very interesting, how can do this with Gas Fiel vop ? Or it is are posible only wit gas calculate dop?

index2.hip

Edited by chumbuk