Creating velocity field

Farid

Hi

Can someone help me,i'm trying to create a velocity field from RBD object,because there are many object,i didn't understand how i can extract all this velocity ion one field,that i can then use in the sop level.

Thank you very much for your help.I attached the file,maybe someone can do this for me:_)

Thanks again

Best Regards

Farid

Velocity_Field.hipnc

use a dopimport and select your object :P

like this : Velocity_Field2.hipnc

Hi

Can someone help me,i'm trying to create a velocity field from RBD object,because there are many object,i didn't understand how i can extract all this velocity ion one field,that i can then use in the sop level.

Thank you very much for your help.I attached the file,maybe someone can do this for me:_)

Thanks again

Best Regards

Farid

I thought you wanted a velocity field, that's one B)

If you want to see the velocity vectors from points,

set the display to the dopimport node,

go to the display options ( D key ) and in Guides & Markers and display

"v" from Custom ...

Thanks a lot for the quick reply,but why i can't visualise the velocity?,i just see a volume,bear with me ,i'm realy confuse :_((

cheers

I thought you wanted a velocity field, that's one B)

If you want to see the velocity vectors from points,

set the display to the dopimport node,

go to the display options ( D key ) and in Guides & Markers and display

"v" from Custom ...

Thanks again,but i know this,the problem is that i want to use this field to drive particle,so to speak ,fetshing data from RBD in this case the vel,and try to use it at the sop level,i have to collect all this data (vel),store them in a field,then transfer the velocity attribute to the particle,what i see is just a volume,i tryed to extract the vel with a vop sop,using volume sampling,but i think this work only with a fluid ,Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks again for your effort!

Cheers

you could have said you wanted cheap sand simulation :P

That's a simple setup to transfer vel from dops to pops :

Velocity_Field3.hipnc

:)

thanks,it's realy cheap :-))the behaviour is not real at all,because they don't tend to stick on eachother,you know miguel (i'm sure) told me i have to sample the velocity,and transfer this attribute into particle

i konw from fluid that i can sample the sdf,and transfer it via voppop,and it works well,now for simulated sphere,it looks like each one have it's own field,the particle,loose track when they live the boundary

if you look carfuly at his reel,the velocity field,is compensating all the sphere at once.

Thanks again

cheers