Fluid deformed by a curve

Vinz9

Thanks!

I create a 3d grid of points with the box sop with divisions matching the resolution of the volume, then transfer the density from the volume on those points, then the points can be deformed any way you want, and then I create an empty volume and fill it with the densities from the points.

In H11 there are the attribute from volume and volume from attribute, but in H10 you can do it with points clouds or metaball I think.

I attached a simple example with a static volume but it works the same with a fluid sim.

deformvolumesimple.hip

Edited by Vinz9

This can be done by deforming the fluid in SOP with Volume VOP, but it will look unnatural, or make curved vector field from geometry tangents and it use instead buoyancy force

Interesting techniques, they look a bit more involved than mine though, will look more into it, thanks!

How do you deformed fluid in http://vimeo.com/14037358 , through Volume VOP and deformed rest point cloud and transfer from Volume from Attrib or not? I don't now other methods to do this, share your *.hip if it possible

Hi, my .hip file was two posts above ;) I looked at yours more carefully, the sop way is more or less how I do it, except I directly rebuild the volume from the density.

With Vincent's kind permission, we just added this example file into H11. Should be in tomorrow's daily build. Thanks again, Vincent!

Thanks!

I create a 3d grid of points with the box sop with divisions matching the resolution of the volume, then transfer the density from the volume on those points, then the points can be deformed any way you want, and then I create an empty volume and fill it with the densities from the points.

In H11 there are the attribute from volume and volume from attribute, but in H10 you can do it with points clouds or metaball I think.

I attached a simple example with a static volume but it works the same with a fluid sim.