How to morph particle fluid into geometry??

crash0283

inside the dop network, you can find a pop container. Inside that you can do all the normal pop tricks. A simple vop pop where you point your velocities/acceleration towards the goal point should be a good start...

in the same direction, you could try applying a custom "point blend" type vop, blending based on position or life on the particles

edit: maybe you´ll finde this is useful (you´ll have to hack it though) http://www.vfxtoolbox.com/users/Guillaume+Fradin/operators/Point+Blend

Edited by pencha

Hey George and Pablo

Thanks for the advice!! Pablo, I like the plug in, but I really don't know how to apply this to particle fluids. George, I like you idea. If you could possibly setup a small example just so I know what sort of nodes to use I'd apperciate it. I'm not that familiar with VOPPOP. Thanks again.

Chris

Hey George

Thank you so much for helping me out and all your time!! Both examples are exactly what I'm looking for. Just to give you an overview of what my thesis shot is, its going to be two boxers that I modeled and used mocap. Both boxers are going to have different color fluid emitting from them throughout the shot. Each boxer is going to throw a couple punches in which the fluid will deform around the glove. Then, I'll have one of the boxers morph under the other boxer and come out the other side. For the final shot, both boxers are going to hit one another at the same time and the fluid will collapse on contact. It should be a pretty nice sequence, but still having a little trouble getting a nice flow emitting from the models. A reference I looked at was from the Bacardi Sundance commercial that Digital Domain did. I want to specialize in fluid simulation so I think this will be some good practice. Thanks again.

Chris

Glad I could help. Good luck with your thesis and make sure to post it when you are done!

georg

Hey George

Thank you so much for helping me out and all your time!! Both examples are exactly what I'm looking for. Just to give you an overview of what my thesis shot is, its going to be two boxers that I modeled and used mocap. Both boxers are going to have different color fluid emitting from them throughout the shot. Each boxer is going to throw a couple punches in which the fluid will deform around the glove. Then, I'll have one of the boxers morph under the other boxer and come out the other side. For the final shot, both boxers are going to hit one another at the same time and the fluid will collapse on contact. It should be a pretty nice sequence, but still having a little trouble getting a nice flow emitting from the models. A reference I looked at was from the Bacardi Sundance commercial that Digital Domain did. I want to specialize in fluid simulation so I think this will be some good practice. Thanks again.

Chris

Hey George

Chris

Hmm, this reminds me of an effect done by dneg for The chronicles of riddick, when the evil guy starts morphing around the other - it's a pretty cool effect I recreated once using a lot of trails -lots of points and metaballs to generate the final mesh:

I would break down the final mesh into a bunch of elements, not all of them need to be simmed, you can probably get much cooler shapes if you model some of them (procedurally).

Good luck!