Pyro Noise

Macha

Does anybody know of a good workflow to apply and adjust noise modifiers in the pyroshader?

I'm having a hard time figuring out which bits in my render are due to noise settings and which are due to other settings.

If anybody knows of a good way to preview the effect of noise modifiers, let me know!

You could turn off all the noise modifiers with the "Active Noise Modifier" toggle, then switch then on, one by one ...

Does that helps at all ?

REVISED

omg, i see you all over peter's threads, so obviously you didn't find the solution there.

ok, this is out of my skill range, but if i were a houdini master here is what i would do.

create a visualization that compares to identical sims and shows the delta or change in vector direction / length and a color ramp.

if you place a particle in each voxel that is moves with the smoke. number each particle to track delta. have the delta draw a normal that is longer or shorter based on the delta and use that same number to choose the color on the ramp. then you could setup a wedgerop to render a noise on and a noise off sims. or noise setting a and noise setting b or whatever.

the delta change for each particle should show you the noise pattern.

also a slice method using the compared deltas would be good as well.

http://www.csc.ncsu.edu/faculty/healey/HTML_papers/supernova/supernova.html

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

peter quint has several videos that deal with the smoke solver. the visualization tools should be similar to the pyro solver.

the 'upres' series should do the trick i think.

http://vimeo.com/user2030228/videos/search:smoke/sort:newest

love this guys vids... although i always have to crank the volume, he's very quiet. lolz.

cheers!

Edited by smaugthewyrm