Birthing between frames for particles.

increasing oversampling is the way to go

(there is also accurate births parameter, but it really slows things down)

if oversampling doesn't help then check your emitting geometry if it is moving between frames

Depending on what your emitter is doing, you may have to crank up the oversampling quite a bit which can be a real hit to your sim times, especially if you just need to birth in the between frames. Ive attached a work around to the oversampling. Its basically a per point blend shape which randomly puts the emitter pt somewhere between the current frame position and the previous frame position.

Depending on what your emitter is doing, you may have to crank up the oversampling quite a bit which can be a real hit to your sim times, especially if you just need to birth in the between frames. Ive attached a work around to the oversampling. Its basically a per point blend shape which randomly puts the emitter pt somewhere between the current frame position and the previous frame position.

helps if I attach the file

emitterInBetween_001.hip

Another way to get around the gaps is to add some randomness in the way they are emitted. For example, what I sometimes do is to scatter a large amount of points on the emitter and then set the emission to $NPT/somenumber, so that I can control the amount and location of emission while still varying it enough to avoid too much of a clumpy look.