Material Sop with Sprites in H11

dayvbrown

Hi all,

So i've got a basic pop setup which is to be rendered as sprites, pre 11 days you'd set up your sprite procedural shader at object level and you could use a material sop to get access to local overrides (image sequence etc...). It appears with the new material shader builder setup this is no longer working.

If I just apply the material at object level everything is fine (no need to specify a geo shader as it's in the material), however using a material sop it's just not picking up the sprite procedural for render.

Anyone else come across this? bug? Or is there a new work flow for this in 11?

Thanks,

Dave

I ran into the same issue today, as well. As as I can tell right now, the most robust way to do it is by selecting your particles and clicking on the Sprite icon in Drive Particles tab. It points you to the premade sprite shader which seems to cover all the basics - textures, inheriting attributes such as color and alpha plus the sprite procedural.

Hope that helps,

Luka

I ran into the same issue today, as well. As as I can tell right now, the most robust way to do it is by selecting your particles and clicking on the Sprite icon in Drive Particles tab. It points you to the premade sprite shader which seems to cover all the basics - textures, inheriting attributes such as color and alpha plus the sprite procedural.

Hope that helps,

Luka

cool thanks,

not sure it's what i'm after though. The issue isn't getting it rendering at all, my sprite shader is working fine when applied at scene level, but when i apply it with a material sop so I can access the local overrides like changing image per particle etc.... that's when it stops working. Funnily it seems to be picking up the rest of the material but not the sprite procedural so you just get a whole bunch o' points. going back to traditional material setup (three shaders collapsed down) still doesn't seem to do it. Went back to 10 and it definitely works there but no joy in 11 :(

thanks again,

dave

Hope that helps,

Luka

had a quick go with the shelf tool and got the same issue. It's works fine when applied at scene level but getting it through a material sop gives the same no sprite effect. Think we may be in bug land...

Thanks again,

dave.