Two kindly question

Hi all,

I'm having two interesting problems with a little project.

Tonight I did the "Quickstart" chapter of the "Go Procedural" lessons published on Side Effects site.

I did the smashing columns sequence without trouble, then I decide to move on creating a smashing ball linked to a chain: to obtain a faster result, I decided to not have a rigid simulation of the chain and for the ball I used the platonic SOP whit "Soccer Ball" selected and some extrusion.

Now!

Two things are making me crazy:

1. The soccer ball has some part black and some white, even if I use a Point SOP to take all vertices with same color and applying a material, the black parts are still visible in redering as image shows you

2. There's no blur on the smashing ball like columns have normally.

Here you can dowload the scene and the baked geometry (smashing columns and the initial smashing sphere). I hope the relative path for loading them will work for you.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. A big thanks to Side Effects! :)

post-2959-129121328974_thumb.jpg

Heya,

Just had a quick look at the file. Seems like the black parts remain since when you make a platonic soccer ball it creates a primitive attribute for Cd, thus even when you change it on a point sop it wont change on the render. So you could either delete that attribute, promote it the point level or override it with another primitive sop maybe.

Don't really know whats wrong with the motion blur though, but hope that helps.

Hi Azryle,

I solved the black color of the ball just watching the third lesson:

1. the ball goes to a COLOR SOP with constant color <1,1,1> to primitives

2. then a MATERIAL SOP takes the shader and overrides local variables for the paramater BASECOLOR where I put <$CR,$CG,$CB>

The problem of motion blur still remains! :/

colonne_RNDR_005.zip