how to visualize gas match field ?

jorosy

hi, I am tring hard to get gas match field of being able to display.

plug gas field visualization to data input is not showing anything, except its visualization bounding box.

I have try a few different ways all without success.

could anybody please enlight me...

thank you

From the help : "A microsolver that rebuilds fields to match in size and resolution to a reference field."

So it doesn't copy any data across, you need to use a gas calculate for that.

:)

hi, I am tring hard to get gas match field of being able to display.

plug gas field visualization to data input is not showing anything, except its visualization bounding box.

I have try a few different ways all without success.

could anybody please enlight me...

thank you

hi, bunker, really appreciate your help. I got this from the node help TIP section. So I think we should be able to visualize it as it suggest ??

"If you want to visualize the resulting field, you can add the appropriate Scalar/Vector/Matrix/Index Field Visualization node as an input to the gas match field. This visualization data will then be attached as subdata to all the created fields." form manual

thank you

Hey Jorome, have a look at this file.

I created a custom field called myField. It is visualized as green smoke. You see that the field has a rectangular size.

If you run the sim the field will adjust to the other heat field's size. That is due to the gasmatchfield node. If you bypass that node the myField will retain its size.

If you want you can plug the visualization node into the microsolver as well.

Bunker is right, it is a microsolver so it will just modify a field, not generate one.

gasmatch.hipnc

post-4013-129309116653_thumb.jpg

post-4013-129309117321_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macha

• 1 year later...

I realize that the last post to this thread was 2 years ago... But, I am confused... the help file for this node says in describing the parameters for the "Field" input:

The name of a field that one wants to create. If it doesn't exist, one will be created. This can be a space separated list of fields to create many fields in one DOP.

Also if you look in your details view there is a new field created with the name from the "Field" parameter. Any thoughts?