copy problem...

Hi

I have to copy multiple objects back to points that were derived from these objects center.

Can someone kindly show me how....

Please see attached file.

I don't think I understand your problem.

You connect the output of the object you want to copy to the first input on the Copy SOP.

here is one possible way

Thanks a lot anim. Works even if more objects are added. Which is what I need. Your solution is amazing. Thank you so much.

hopbin9 ... I could use a switch sop with stamp expression choosing the input. But switch sop needs all objects feeding into it as separate nodes.

I want this to work on lots of objects. If you connect the object_merge sop (green) into the copy1 sop (red) directly it wouldn't work.

The effect is a simple logo that disintegrates into different shapes.

I didn´t try this yet,but I guess another way would be having your objects with the same name, but a number prefix, sort of "Object01_blabla$F3.bgeo", loading with a File and change that initial "01" with a stamp expression. That way you wouldn´t need a Switch.

I didn´t try this yet,but I guess another way would be having your objects with the same name, but a number prefix, sort of "Object01_blabla$F3.bgeo", loading with a File and change that initial "01" with a stamp expression. That way you wouldn´t need a Switch.

Thanks Netvudu.

attached file WIP so far. I guess I'll move on to the logo and shapes (flowers,butterflies) now.

If there is a better/alternate way let me know. Thanks a lot

particlCopy06.hipnc

Hi I have a slighly different solution for You.

instead of using copySOP, i use a vopSOP, because it is fast and multithreaded.

I had a similar problem some time ago and copying 5000 different geometry peaces was simply to slow.

So I attached each geometry a id attribute that points to the particle that is driving it. later I use this id to get the particle position and added it to the point position. in my case i used used the full transform of the particle by importing position, orientation, and scale of the particle and the mulitplying the pointpositions of the object by that matrix.

but in You case there is only a position available

hope it may help you

Martint

particleTransform.hipnc

Hi I have a slighly different solution for You.

instead of using copySOP, i use a vopSOP, because it is fast and multithreaded.

I had a similar problem some time ago and copying 5000 different geometry peaces was simply to slow.

So I attached each geometry a id attribute that points to the particle that is driving it. later I use this id to get the particle position and added it to the point position. in my case i used used the full transform of the particle by importing position, orientation, and scale of the particle and the mulitplying the pointpositions of the object by that matrix.

but in You case there is only a position available

hope it may help you

Martint

Thanks a lot sanostol.Copy was slowing down considerably.

Works nicely now.