Help slicing an object

Valentino

hey guys i followed this guide up until point 7-8

http://www.sidefx.com/images/stories/getting_started/lessontwo_nodes/hguide_02_nodes.pdf

what i want to do after that is SLICE the original object, in this case the teabot into chunks that are defined by the box divisions. Dont know if that makes sense, but if you look at my attachment i want to split or slice the teapot into different pieces defined by the box surronding it! Hope this helps a bit

thanks in advance,

valentino

hey guys i followed this guide up until point 7-8

http://www.sidefx.co...de_02_nodes.pdf

what i want to do after that is SLICE the original object, in this case the teabot into chunks that are defined by the box divisions. Dont know if that makes sense, but if you look at my attachment i want to split or slice the teapot into different pieces defined by the box surronding it! Hope this helps a bit

thanks in advance,

valentino

Depends on what output you expect to get. To take the surface of an object and slice it up into small rectangles wouldn't be to hold, but that document shows boxes confirming to the shape of the source object. If you want to slice up the geometry into boxes that retain the outer shell of the object, then that's a different story.

hey guys i got a different way of doing what i wanted to do

basicly i want to make a Lime asset! User will be able to select if he wants wedges or slices and how thick he wants them to be, while the asset creates the uvs for him

the problem i have is that the UVs keep moving while changing the size or the thickness of the wedge. i dont know how to fix this thing, because i only want to have one texture file for the outside and one for the inside but by changing the site the uvs changing aswell.

i posted the asset in my hip file so far. can someone help me with this. didnt want to start a new topic for this

thanks in advance,

valentino

lime_asset.hip

• 5 months later...